With a current area of 122 hectares, “El Puerto” Farmhouse is located in the heart of “Vega del Guadalquivir”. It contains 40.000 shrubs in its perimeter and more than 120.000 ecological trees in a hedge, mainly olive and almond trees, in both traditional and contrasting varieties for this growing system. These new R + D + I plantations are based on Ecology and Precision Agriculture techniques. In addition, all the land extension is planted with vegetable covers of selected native seeds.
This richness of flora is attracting other animal species generating biodiversity. Now, together with the olive grove and the almond tree, lacewings, bees, bumblebees or dragonflies flutter; in the field birds, mammals, reptiles, insects, fish or amphibians are interrelated. This exploitation includes hotels for insects and nest boxes, since for ecological agriculture what is known as “auxiliary fauna” is fundamental, that is, beneficial for crops because they eat other beings that cause pests in the field. These hotels have been built with natural materials from the Sierra Norte de Sevilla, without chemical treatment to avoid frightening them, a wide range of rooms according to the needs of the client. They currently have 14 throughout the farm.
In addition, this estate of Lora sells six monovarietal olive oils in different formats with innovative designs. Each variety is associated with an animal that we have in this area, which is why they call it the farm collection.
Also name that the Cortijo of the port has several awards:
- 6 medals in the International Competition of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Los Angeles, United States. March 20, 2017
- We are ecological by conviction and because the market rewards you. March 7, 2017
- Four medals at the CINVE Awards 2017 1 March, 2017
- Seminar on Biodiversity and consumer behavior of the LIFE Project Olivares Vivos. February 15, 2017
- Road A-456 Km 18.6 41440 Lora del Río (Seville)
- Email: email@example.com
- Make guided tours / phone: 677953264